Re: [LAU] RME Babyface on Linux

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Aug 01 2017 - 22:53:07 EEST

On Tue, 01 Aug 2017 13:45:43 -0500, Brent Busby wrote:
>Has anyone any experiences or comments on the RME Babyface interface on
>Linux, in particular, can I use hdspmixer to control the monitor mix as
>I currently am able to with my Multiface II? I am thinking of getting
>one soon (in the next few days), so I'll have a second interface to
>take with me for laptop/offsite recording.

Hi,

I don't own the Babyface, but I'm quite sure it works as a class
compliant device only, so hdspmixer is not available. This isn't
guessing, a while back I bought an USB audio device compatible with iOS
and Linux and the Babyface was one of the interesting devices.

This info was "Last modified: 2014/09/17":
https://wiki.linuxaudio.org/hw/rme_babyface#totalmix_fx_and_dsp

However, my researches are from December 2017.

Regards,
Ralf