Re: [LAU] RME Babyface on Linux

From: Brent Busby <brent@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 01 2017 - 23:09:45 EEST

Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> writes:

> I don't own the Babyface, but I'm quite sure it works as a class
> compliant device only, so hdspmixer is not available. This isn't
> guessing, a while back I bought an USB audio device compatible with iOS
> and Linux and the Babyface was one of the interesting devices.
>
> This info was "Last modified: 2014/09/17":
> https://wiki.linuxaudio.org/hw/rme_babyface#totalmix_fx_and_dsp
>
> However, my researches are from December 2017.

I just did more checking and realized the one I was looking at was the
Babyface Pro, which has at the least, two more analog inputs than the
regular version described here. (Didn't notice before there were two
revisions.) I doubt the situation with mixer support is much different
on the Pro though.

Here is what I'd like to have in an interface:

+ hardware monitoring, preferably with a Linux mixer to control it

+ converter quality comparable to RME Hammerfall, or close

+ 96kHz, not because I think I need it for sound, but because all
   my existing projects are recorded at that rate and I need to be
   able to open them

+ USB connection

+ at least four analog inputs and outputs

+ stable on Linux

Am I asking too much? :)

--
		+	With the rise of social networking