[LAU] New behaviors of jackd, jackdbus, qjackctl, cadence?

From: Jonathan E. Brickman <jeb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 22 2017 - 05:11:37 EEST

In the current rebuild of my BNR ( http://lsn.ponderworthy.com ), I
noticed that I could not get qjackctl to cooperate with jackdbus, though
traditional manual startup seems to work very well. The Arch wiki said
that qjackctl is becoming outmoded, and recommended 'cadence', part of
the KXStudio toolset, instead; cadence cooperates with dbus better, but
doesn't autostart, and I'm missing something in the compilation which
will ungray the patchbay autoarrange. Anyone have corroboration and/or
new best practices? I am using Manjaro, but saw the same behavior when I
tested Debian Stable and Testing.

--
/Jonathan E. Brickmanjeb@email-addr-hidden
<http://login.jsp/?at=02e47df3-a9af-4cd9-b951-1a06d255b48f&mailto=jeb@email-addr-hidden>   (785)233-9977/