Re: [LAU] How to keep an updated "standard" linux audio system?

From: jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 10 2017 - 20:08:54 EET

On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 18:30:05 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:

> This is not correct, security upgrades are not supported for every
> repository [1], let alone that there could be regressions for security
> reasons.

That's very probably right. I do not know how Linux Mint depends on
Debian. It could be quite heavily. Fortunately, security is not the
prime concern. Just basics. I considered several times to go with
Arch Linux. I used to build my own Linux systems using BLFS but those
were the days. So much time not making music. Arch Linux seems to
offer a good stance but then again, I can't at the moment estimate the
time that would be required to move to Arch Linux and the problem
associated with the move to get everything going. Days ? A week ?

Cheers.