Re: [LAU] Bye Bye 32 bit

From: Manuel Haible <lacuna_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 27 2017 - 19:39:07 EET
8 cores max?

  Would Ardour use even more, if more cores are running?

Renoise supports multicore:

http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/topic/13302-multicore-faq/

And Bitwig does:

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5828030

Pure Data is supporting multicore, too.

Of course they all don't "require" multicore CPUs.

I assume: for
     high samplerates
 + many tracks
 + many fx
 + very small buffer size
 + ultra low latency
singlecore performance is equally important as the number of cores?

What is a wise CPU choice for realtime-on-stage-use with up to 28 AD/DA I/Os streams, internaly more busses, and FX on each track and bus?
Are 64 samples buffersize realistic in such a scenario? With 96k?

As audioconverters, I am thinking about the RME HDSPe Madi FX + madi-converters (SPL Madison? Ferrofish?)!?

Are you experienced?