Re: [linux-audio-dev] What do we need now ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] What do we need now ?
From: reactor/CTPmedia (reactor_AT_sagv5.gyakg.u-szeged.hu)
Date: ti heinä  27 1999 - 12:28:51 EDT

>% PS: it is not the first time I do this, but I would like to urge people to
>% use FLTK for the GUI of audio software. Fast, small, no bloat.

i think we should prefer GTK+ instead, because it's more standard.
every linux distribution has a GTK+ package.

you're right, FLTK is fast, cool, but GTK+ looks prettier (and that's
an important factor if we want to get Windozers away from their Windozes)

or we could use both. QT could be a good choice too (besides i don't like
it :))). just look at GreenBox, a nice drummachine made with QT. it has
real knobs like Rebirth. i don't know if we could make it with GTK+ too,
but i think so, and then the world would be ours. (unfortunately FLTK's
knobs are ugly... and today's "music" is mostly about knob-tweaking and
slider-sliding :))

and don't forget, we are competing with COMMERCIAL software, for which
people get lots of money (even though Radium cracks all of them), so
we have to bring QUALiTY in our stuff, or noone will take us seriously.

we need easy-compiling, good-looking, good-sounding, stable stuff, with
functions that commercial stuff don't have.

bya!

ps: anyone working on a Buzz-alike tracker?

--

Rácz Máté - http://linux.gyakg.u-szeged.hu/~reactor/ CTP media - http://ctpmedia.scene-hu.com/ Hungary