Re: [CUD] Re: [linux-audio-dev] What do we need now ?

Subject: Re: [CUD] Re: [linux-audio-dev] What do we need now ?
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd_AT_zip.com.au)
Date: ti heinä  27 1999 - 17:10:37 EDT

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu wrote:

<snip>

> 1) Do you think that running audio driver (and other audio services
> daemons) under RTLinux could improve the quality of the audio for Linux?

I've been messing about with compute heavy audio programs and found
that the built in Linux scheduler has Realtime features (man
sched_setscheduler). The only drawback is that the program needs
to be setuid root.

Hope this helps,
Erik

     Erik de Castro Lopo     erikd_AT_zip.com.au
"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound
they make as they go flying by."  -- Douglas Adams