Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [CUD] What do we need now ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [CUD] What do we need now ?
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: ma elo    02 1999 - 08:45:19 EDT

>From: Paul Winkler <slinkp_AT_ulster.net>
>> I have set up GNU Audio Software Project (GASP) webpages at
>> "http://www.funet.fi/~kouhia/gasp/". Any matter related to audio software
>
>This is a very nice idea. Perhaps people on the list would consider
>placing things they're already working on there, so novice developers
>could more easily see what sort of code is available to look at?

Absolutely! I would like to get even very rhough specs and designs of
those software and to write better explanation in GASP pages. Many software
is missing design and implementation documents and I would like to
change that situation.

Specially now I would like to have anything on how flow systems and
MIDI sequencers works and how they work together.

I'm quite sure we find a common stuff from all projects and we could
write a common library modules for them. Then if we improve something,
the change can be made only to one place. Well, at least future software
can use the library modules if authors are not used to replace their
code with common code.

>I'm talking about is basically a "multitrack sequencer". Except that
>protools DOES "store...the audio signal as does the wave editor".

I have written unclear (actually, badly) but basically the drag and drop
mixing window is only handling sequencer data even the events indeed do
control synth emulators and wave players (say).

Yours,

Juhana