Re: [CUD] Re: [linux-audio-dev] What do we need now ?

Subject: Re: [CUD] Re: [linux-audio-dev] What do we need now ?
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: ma elo    02 1999 - 08:07:37 EDT

>From: Kai Vehmanen <kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi>
>
>It seems that many
>ambitious audio projects have died because unrealistic goals.

Absolutely not true! Just take a look at commercial software, they
have not died.

IMHO, many projects have died because people have not realized that
we should organize the project just like they do in Real Work.

GIMP succeeded only because the coders had also a glue about image
processing program -- but still I see the GIMP is not very thought
one and has many lacks starting from user interface. Perhaps some
of those bad UI decisions come from PhotoShop and alike but they are
quite non-intuitive and garbled.

Most users don't have a glue what they should expect from the software.
They use them blindly and may not even see there is something wrong
(e.g., selection problem in most of the audio software). That is why
we should take this seriously even it is only question of the fun for
all of us.

Yours,

Juhana