Re: [linux-audio-dev] YAVOM

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] YAVOM
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: to elo    05 1999 - 09:48:09 EDT

Guenter Geiger wrote:

> Great, documentation is very important there. The goal for the moment
> is to make mix behave like we (or the user) expects it to behave and
> document that behaviour.
>
> If that can be reached we might think of adding pluggin support.

I'll start tracking all available docs for Mix and begin organizing a
new HTML help page.

I especially wanted to let everyone know that I've written to Dr. Hammer
and asked him about simply GPLing everything he's done that is available
for Linux users. I haven't heard from him yet. I also mentioned that we
can be flexible if the GPL doesn't satisfy him.

> Speaking of that, a "free" plugin specification (VST 1.0 like), but in
> "C" would be great for all projects. We could use mix as a testfield.
> Do you know about something like that ?

This has been a major topic on the Csound and music-dsp lists lately. I
think the most knowledgable people on the subject might be Michael
Gogins, Paul Barton-Davis, and Juhana Sadeharju. If they're reading,
perhaps they have some commentary to add ?

== Dave Phillips

       http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html
   http://sunsite.univie.ac.at/Linux-soundapp/linux_soundapps.html