[linux-audio-dev] open plugin specification

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] open plugin specification
From: est_AT_hyperreal.org
Date: to elo    05 1999 - 10:42:18 EDT

Dave Phillips discourseth:

> > Speaking of that, a "free" plugin specification (VST 1.0 like), but in
> > "C" would be great for all projects. We could use mix as a testfield.
> > Do you know about something like that ?
>
> This has been a major topic on the Csound and music-dsp lists lately. I
> think the most knowledgable people on the subject might be Michael
> Gogins, Paul Barton-Davis, and Juhana Sadeharju. If they're reading,
> perhaps they have some commentary to add ?

Ooh..my subject acronymizes as OPS. Kind of appropriate, no? :)

Whatever it's called, I think this topic deserves its own list! The
potential impact of a successful spec is mind-boggling. I'd
definitely like to see some draft specs and find out how convenient
they are to code to. Given that this area is harder than it looks
(well, it looks harder the harder *I* look at it :), I suspect that a
winner will only emerge as various draft specs compete for mindshare.

Eric