[linux-audio-dev] Linux Audio/Music CD: Where things stand now...

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Linux Audio/Music CD: Where things stand now...
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: ma elo    09 1999 - 11:34:48 EDT

Greetings:

  WRT a Linux audio distro, a friend wrote to say that he felt it was
quite premature to plan such a beast, when so few Linux audio
applications are truly "ready to rock". So I decided to list what is
stable and usable on my machine. Here's a partial list of what I've come
up with:

        Csound
        RTCmix
        Cecilia
        jMax
        DAP
        Snd
        MiXViews
        Jazz++
        Ceres
        Mix
        Silence
        HPKComposer
        Common LISP Music
        terminatorX
        Green Box
        Freebirth
        gSynth
        Xsynth
        KeyKit
        kooBase
        xphat
        SoftWerk
        RTSynth
        SoundTracker
        BladeEnc
        GRip
        playmidi
        TiMidity
        aRts
        Quasimodo
        KWave
        Oolaboola

and actually a bunch of other small progs. So what would you add
to/delete from that list ? Are we shy of our projected distribution ?

Btw, we could also add numerous tools as well as items such as ALSA, the
latest OSS/Free, and perhaps a trial version of OSS/Linux.

As always, just my two drachmas. Commentary and suggestions welcome...

== Dave Phillips

       http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html
   http://sunsite.univie.ac.at/Linux-soundapp/linux_soundapps.html