Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux Audio/Music CD: Where things stand now...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux Audio/Music CD: Where things stand now...
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: ti elo    10 1999 - 17:34:57 EDT

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Adam Zygmunt wrote:

> Don't know about ecasound (what is it?), but these others seem to me do be
> more intermediate steps in the sound-creation process (see above).

Ecasound can be used as a audiofile player, fx processor, signal
router, format converter, multitrack recorder&mixer, etc etc...
If you want to do these things in console mode, you might
find ecasound useful. Others should wait for the next stable release
(1.4.xxx) which will have a more usable X-interface. This really isn't
a new project as I've been developing (and using) it since 1997. I
released the first public version just a month a ago. I guess the
main reason why I didn't release this before was the user interface.
Writing a good, intuitive interface means a _lot_ of work. If you are
the only user, you can skip most of it (which I did). Now I've spent
the last few months improving the UI, but I still have a lot of work
ahead of me.

--
Kai Vehmanen ----------------------------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 : email                                 mailto:kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi