Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Mix

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Mix
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: ti elo    17 1999 - 23:40:38 EDT

Adam Zygmunt wrote:

> I realize this was discussed a little while back, but what version of
> lesstif is best for Mix? I've tried .87 so far, and although it compiles
> fine, the display was kind of screwed.

As Nicola already wrote, the resource file might make a great
difference. However, you may have to play with its location a bit. If
it's not recognized in the usual spot, try dropping into /root.

> Speaking of lesstif, any ambitious person out there up for ditching it
> from the mix code?

Good idea, probably a bitch to do. Reine Jonsson would like to see the
Mix code modularized, it's almost as sprawling as Csound. ;) Well, not
quite...

> I haven't looked at its library, but I can't imagine esound support would
> be too tricky to add. It might be nice...

I agree. Its operation is transparent: 'esd &' does it here. I haven't
really stressed it, and I'd like to try its limits. Any suggestions ?

> By the way, does mix allow one to cue up the various audio files at
> different times, or do they all start at once? Sorry if this is a stupid
> question, but I haven't had much luck getting it to run properly. Looks
> quite a bit more useful than it did a few months ago, though.

Not sure I understand, Adam. I can place soundfiles all over the screen,
and they start when they're supposed to, but I suspect you're asking
about something else, yes ?

== Dave Phillips

       http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html
   http://sunsite.univie.ac.at/Linux-soundapp/linux_soundapps.html