Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Mix

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Mix
From: Nicola Bernardini (nicb_AT_axnet.it)
Date: ti elo    17 1999 - 17:31:43 EDT

Today, reine_AT_mbox314.swipnet.se mi scrisse cio` che segue:

[snip]
> Just a two öres thought:
> Has anybody suceeded in breaking up the code in smaller
> pieces (easier to understan etc...)
> If not. Would it be a place to start to chop it up in
> a gang of include files?

I saw the files: > 200k c files is really big and it would be
nice to break it up. It is a fairly delicate matter, however,
and I'm always of the long-lived opinion: 'if it's not broken,
don't fix it'...

> I guess moving to gtk whold be as laborsome as to write it
> all new?

I must confess I thought of that too. Working on Mix on a 800x600
laptop is quite a task, and maybe we should have more sophisticated
set of widgets. And, also because of GPL, gtk seems the choice.

ciao

Nicola

Nicola Bernardini
E-mail: nicb_AT_axnet.it

Re graphics: A picture is worth 10K words -- but only those to describe
the picture. Hardly any sets of 10K words can be adequately described
with pictures.