Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Mix

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Mix
From: Guenter Geiger (geiger_AT_epy.co.at)
Date: ke elo    18 1999 - 06:29:05 EDT

reine_AT_mbox314.swipnet.se writes:
> I'm using lesstif-0.88.9, the latest a week or two ago.
> Mix starts up with a size of 1169x100.
>
> I have a halv slider on the top that I guess was placed between
> the rec-button an the magnifying-glass-button.
>
> I also have the extra silder by each channel.
> The line that follows the sound while playing goes backwards.

 Huh ? Funny

 I'm using 0.88.9 too. Have you loaded the resources ?
 To be sure you have the correct resources do

> xrdb -merge Mix.linux

 We should hardcode a default resource set to get rid of these oddities.

> Just a two öres thought:
> Has anybody suceeded in breaking up the code in smaller
> pieces (easier to understan etc...)
> If not. Would it be a place to start to chop it up in
> a gang of include files?

 I already started at some places where I thought it is necessary.
 I will get rid of the effects, when the plugin API and implementation
 are ready.

 There's still a lot of duplicated code in there.

> I guess moving to gtk whold be as laborsome as to write it
> all new?

 Definitely ! I'm only planning to work on mix until the remaining
 bugs are fixed and the plugins are working ... then on to a project
 from scratch.

 Guenter