Re: [linux-audio-dev] hardware vs. OS limits

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] hardware vs. OS limits
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd_AT_zip.com.au)
Date: to elo    19 1999 - 17:17:41 EDT

est_AT_hyperreal.org wrote:

> I've got IDE and UW SCSI here, and they give me equal performance
> (even with my non-Intel chipset). If I want real-time, I find I need
> to patch linux. :)

Questions, so many questions :-).

What application is this?

Do you know if its using the standard realtime scheduler or
rt-linux?

Has anybody made a comparision of the performance of a standard process
vs a realtime process (ie using sched_setscheduler) vs rt-linux vs
linux kernel with patches? Care to write a paper about it?

Erik

     Erik de Castro Lopo     erikd_AT_zip.com.au
The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is
probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners.