[linux-audio-dev] And Yo, What's Audiality!?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] And Yo, What's Audiality!?
From: David Olofson (audiality_AT_swipnet.se)
Date: ti elo    24 1999 - 23:43:01 EDT

In case people are starting to wonder who this plug-in maniac who just
jumped in is:

David Olofson, 24. Hacked various stuff for various machines for around
15 years, but released little of interest so far. Writes dance/R&B/soul
music; main instrument: vocals. Works as a programmer, doing mostly
embeded real time stuff for lab instruments in the $50,000 range.
(Currently developing a complete application under Linux/RTLinux. :-)

Dream hack: The ultimate high end audio system, based on pure CPU power
(multiprocessor, including clusters) and clean multi channel audio I/O
cards - no dedicated hardware to limit flexibility, no need for external
mixers, no noticable audio latency, no external machines with messy
protocols and slow interfaces... Just raw power to use for anything that
comes into mind.

Audiality is the foundation for this, and the most important part; a
hard real time kernel, is already there in the form of RTLinux. A driver
porting toolkit is what I'm hacking right now, and I've already tested a
ported sound card driver at the hardware limit of around .4 ms input ->
output latency; no drop-outs ever, regardless of system stress.

Audiality web site at:

        http://www.angelfire.com/or/audiality/audiality.html

(Sorry for the temporary halfway update; the downloads link can be found
at the bottom of the pages.)

//David