Re: [linux-audio-dev] Problem with Multitrack

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Problem with Multitrack
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: ma syys   13 1999 - 08:47:08 EDT

Eric Brunel wrote:

> ...I installed version 3.9 of the OSS commercial driver and since
> then, every time I try to record something, Multitrack exits with the
> message "Child exited signal recieved". Every other function seems to
> work fine, including playback and vu-meter. The version of Multitrack I
> use is 2.2, on a RedHat 5.1 commercial distribution, kernel v2.0.35 (I
> think...).

I'm somewhat astonished you got it working under that system. I use RH
5.2 and can't get Multitrack working under either X or SVGA.

Anyway, I have been in contact with Boris Nagels. Our last
correspondence took place in July, at which time he said he was leaving
for a 2-week vacation. I've written to him twice since his due-back
date, but I've received no response yet. I suppose he's just as busy as
the rest of us.

I will write to him again today. Many people would like to know what's
going on with Multitrack. It should probably be a FAQ...

I will place any relevant messages on the list as soon as I know more
about what he intends to do with his software.

And if anyone can tell me how to make it work under RH 5.2 glibc, please
tell me...

== Dave Phillips

       http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html
   http://sunsite.univie.ac.at/Linux-soundapp/linux_soundapps.html