[alsa-devel] Re: Proposal: low-latency real-time audio processing documentation

Subject: [alsa-devel] Re: Proposal: low-latency real-time audio processing documentation
From: Eli Brandt (eli_AT_v.gp.cs.cmu.edu)
Date: ma syys   13 1999 - 21:19:13 EDT

Maarten de Boer wrote:
> I think that it would be a good idea if we try to put a bit of
> structure into all this and try to collect all this information
> on a webpage. It will be difficult to keep it up to date, since
> progress seems to be made very quickly, but I think we should be
> carefull that the experiences gathered don't become scattered, and
> the alternative - browsing the mailing-list archive - does not
> seem right to me.
>
> I would be willing to take coordination of this, since low-latency
> real-time audio processing is vital for the project I am partici-
> pating in, but I am a bit short of time, so I would appreciate
> your cooperation. Starting with a request for comments.

Sounds useful. I can collect and htmlize information, though I can't
commit to keeping it up to date afterwards.

Tangent: would there be enough traffic for a linux-realtime list?
This stuff is not technically on topic on alsa-devel; I guess it is on
linux-audio-dev, but there ought to be non-audio interest in RT too.

--
     Eli Brandt  |  eli+@cs.cmu.edu  |  http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~eli/
------