Re: [linux-audio-dev] [Fwd: AES, Linux and BeOS] die !

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [Fwd: AES, Linux and BeOS] die !
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang.uni-essen.de)
Date: ti syys   28 1999 - 10:39:46 EDT

dear audio enthusiasts !

i have read paul's report on aes, expecting yet another extensive
thread about linux vs. beos...
and there it is.

all i want to add is that IMVHO we (read: the linux fans) should
promote our dear os by pointing out its advantages and features, and
*not* by repeating again and again the drawbacks and closed-source
nature of beos and other "rivals".

let customers and card manufacturers decide on their own. just show
them some user statistics. they will probably not want to miss the
linux user base anyway. if they do, they´ll lose money.

i think the only part of the linux vs. beos discussion that is
appropriate to l-a-d is:
which nifty features and concepts can we rip off to incorporate them
into linux ?

everything else belongs to c.o.l.advocacy, alt.holywars or better
yet, /dev/null.
i believe there is room for more than one os in the world.

all the best,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier