Re: [linux-audio-dev] linux audio demonstrability: NOT!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] linux audio demonstrability: NOT!
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: ke syys   29 1999 - 21:11:03 EDT

>You cant have apps without hardware. You cant have hardware without apps.

Cubase VST, Cakewalk, Cool Edit Pro ... the list goes on ... all
these apps work without any special hardware. My 15yr old brother has
Cubase running with a SoundBlaster card. We don't need cool hardware
to write cool applications, though sure, cooler hardware can enable
even cooler applications.

There just aren't enough of us scratching one big itch in the right
way.

>Bitching about lacking one or the other is pointless.

Agreed. Just a bad day.

--p