Re: [linux-audio-dev] linux audio demonstrability: NOT!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] linux audio demonstrability: NOT!
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: to syys   30 1999 - 04:25:35 EDT

>From: Paul Barton-Davis <pbd_AT_Op.Net>
>
>Something that would get a guy
>from a company like Steinberg or Creamware or Digidesign excited ?

Personally I care less what they are doing. What I want is that proaudio
card manufacturers would provide info for making Linux drivers.

If those people at Creamware etc. cannot see the potentials of Linux,
it is their loss. If they expect *we* should first come up with cool
programs without any salary, with plain volunteer work, they are grazy.
They should be satisfied about what exists and understand our position
as software authors.

>I have a meeting with the east coast Creamware rep next week,
>and although its not the purpose of our meeting, I may get to do
>a little Linux demo for him. What would I show him?

Show a half finished realtime audio application and non-realtime editor
whatever. Show again that latency test. Bright fellow there then sure
understand what those mean for them.

>stuff. But ALSA is not finished yet (Jaroslav is now ripping up the
>PCM interface),

I'm still using 3 years old Linux version without full-duplex etc.
I think I change when Alsa is a part of the kernel.

Yours,

Juhana