Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux-friendly MIDI interface boxes?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux-friendly MIDI interface boxes?
From: David Olofson (audiality_AT_swipnet.se)
Date: ke loka   13 1999 - 19:17:48 EDT

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Christopher Jeris wrote:
> Having a hardware interface to handle timing would be nice,
> but PBD's reply makes the situation look pretty grim on that front.

Hopefully, the MCS effort will somehow result in drivers, clients or
plug-ins that can handle MIDI timing. Just add support for the new
API, connect to some MIDI driver via the MCS, and all you have to do
is make sure the events you send are sent before they should be
played. Buffer as much as you need for reliability.

//David

 ·A·U·D·I·A·L·I·T·Y· P r o f e s s i o n a l L i n u x A u d i o
    ·Rock Solid David Olofson:
    ·Low Latency www.angelfire.com/or/audiality ·Audio Hacker
    ·Plug-Ins audiality_AT_swipnet.se ·Linux Advocate
    ·Open Source ·Singer/Composer