Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux-friendly MIDI interface boxes?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux-friendly MIDI interface boxes?
From: David Slomin (dgslomin_AT_CS.Princeton.EDU)
Date: ke loka   13 1999 - 19:07:42 EDT

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Christopher Jeris wrote:

> O'Caml is the fastest implementation of a "civilized" (read: strongly
> typed with higher-order functions and polymorphism) language that I know
> of, which is why I chose it.

Is Caml as utterly painful to work in as traditional ML (such as SML/NJ)?
I liked the high-order functions and polymorphism, but despised the
overall syntax.

Still, the project sounds very promising. Sort of like a non-gui-centric
jMax which uses a generic language rather than a proprietary one.

Div.