[linux-audio-dev] heads down, no talking

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] heads down, no talking
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: ke loka   20 1999 - 01:47:04 EDT

i think that several people (myself included) may feel that the S/N
ratio on the API discussion between David and myself has gotten too
low. Its not that we're not talking about important stuff. Instead,
we're not talking about something for which there is any coherent high
level plan, Gunter's efforts nothwithstanding.

i'm going to bow out of any API discussions for the time being, and
instead of discussing it plan to actually implement a system similar
to the one described. although the details of the event system may
need to be thrown away, much of the code (dlopen() etc.) will probably
be pretty close to what any API would use.

--p