Re: [linux-audio-dev] heads down, no talking , big picture

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] heads down, no talking , big picture
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: pe loka   22 1999 - 10:11:33 EDT

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Guenter Geiger wrote:

> Yes, go for it !
>
> I guess several developers on the list are awaiting some
> documentation/implementation of the ideas thrown together,
> I for my part found it very hard to keep the big picture together,
> so itīs time someone paints it ...
>
> Guenter

I agree.
I'd suggest that David and Paul should put toghether the basic event system,
(since they know the "big picture" best)
which should include the handling of basic plugin processing,
event routing to subnets, handling the event routing to multiple listeners /
receivers etc.
It would be nice to provide a simple working engine, and a sample plugin
implementation.
What we need is to document how the engine does work, maybe in terms of flow
diagrams to better understand the "big picture".

In the mean time I will try to hack toghether my audio client/server model
which we could then integrate in the main engine.

Combine all with a nice /dev/dsp wrapper , et voila' , our alpha multimedia
system (API/engine) is here.
:-)

PS: did we agree on the name (what was the final name) ? I lost the discussion.
:-)

regards,
Benno.