Re: [linux-audio-dev] potential instrument formats for the linux API ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] potential instrument formats for the linux API ?
From: Paul Kellett (paul.kellett_AT_maxim.abel.co.uk)
Date: pe loka   22 1999 - 01:35:41 EDT

http://www.soundfont.com/sftech.html or www.wotsit.org

> Is it flexible enough to meet our requirements ?

Should be, but seems a bit complicated and carries some old baggage. DLS is
simpler (now) and more flexible (one day) and holds it's samples in WAV
format.

> Any infos about the AKAI sampleformat (good/bad/license problems etc.)

That's where I come in: http://www.abel.co.uk/~maxim/akai/akaiinfo.htm

The S1000 format is ok, but supports a lot of features you wouldn't
necessarily include in a softsynth, and the sample format can be a pain (2
mono files instead of stereo).

Paul.

--
paul.kellett_AT_maxim.abel.co.uk