Re: [linux-audio-dev] 32/96 x 24 playback improvements, I think

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] 32/96 x 24 playback improvements, I think
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: to helmi  03 2000 - 14:43:07 EST

>From: Paul Barton-Davis <pbd_AT_Op.Net>
>
>i reduced the number of read-ahead threads to 1. this works much
>better. i thought about this for a while tonight, and it sort of makes

But one thread per disk makes sense, or?

This might not be that useful for your recorder but since it is related...
My wave editor will constantly prefetch audio data starting from (or around)
the mouse pointer. When pointer is moved, new data is prefetched.
Naturally prefetched audio buffer will be smaller than the normal audio
buffer. This may not remove the delay completely if buffer is too short
but it should help. While not tested that, I have a tool which constantly
shows min/max values of samples under the pointer pixel and which does
similar prefetching.

Juhana