[linux-audio-dev] file sizes and retrofits

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] file sizes and retrofits
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: su helmi  06 2000 - 10:35:53 EST

Greetings:

  I have a question for you coders: If I want to make an app capable of
the current code ? Are there certain commonly used routines/calls I can
expect to find ? If so, what's involved in replacing them with load
routines that will allow very large files ? Finally, should I expect the
allowable file size to somehow matter to the rest of the program, i.e.,
what else might I need to look for and change to make this happen ?

  I would like to make Ceres capable of handling very large files. It's
not a realtime processing application so I don't need to concern myself
with that consideration.

  Please forgive me if I'm unclear. I just finished my first cup of
coffee and my hair looks really bad this morning.

  Any tips, pointers, advice, or good jokes will be vastly appreciated !

== Dave Phillips

       http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html
       http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/linuxsound/