Re: [linux-audio-dev] file sizes and retrofits

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] file sizes and retrofits
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: su helmi  06 2000 - 11:20:57 EST

Greetings:

  I will study the code more closely for more exact details. I can tell
you _what_ Ceres does, though I'm not at all sure how it reads a file
for the process: The load action is actually a "Load & Analyze" function
that (presumably) reads the entire file and performs an FFT on it, then
renders it to the graphic display. I assume it uses memory instead of
disk, restricting the possible file size to RAM. Am I correct in
assuming that this method is indeed restricting the acceptable size ?

  I'll post more detail when I look closer at the current load routines.

== Dave Phillips

       http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html
       http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/linuxsound/