Re: [linux-audio-dev] "pro" soundfile editors for linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] "pro" soundfile editors for linux
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: ma helmi  07 2000 - 17:24:48 EST

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

> the key thing is that we consider the raw files immutable most of the
> time. that is, "non destructive editing" has to mean just that. more
> than that, things like ardour, which will need to be able to play back
> the result sometimes need to understand how to read the edit list. so

Here my undo-list approach works better. As the "current situation"
is always stored in standard audio files, other apps can use them
directly, but only ecawave can perform undo.

[GTK port of snd]
> OK, so we have Juhana, myself and Bill. Anyone else want to step up ?

I'd like to help, but I have my hands full at the time.

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux multitrack audio processing