Re: [linux-audio-dev] mixer question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] mixer question
From: Erik Steffl (esteffl_AT_pbi.net)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 23:03:11 EEST

  I have soundblaster awe 64 + linux 2.2.14 + commercial OSS.

  it looks more like concept of oss mixer then actual hw (or my
misunderstanding of oss mixer)

  windows mixer can be set to control either recording or playback
levels. it worked on soundcards I have tried it with (soundblaster,
ess1869 (IIRC) and few unidentified cards).

  however, I see no way in OSS mixer to control recording levels
independently form playback levels. mostly I am interested in recording
from line-in without hearing line-in input from speakers.

        erik