Re: [linux-audio-dev] plug-in mania ... audio distro

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] plug-in mania ... audio distro
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 19:29:10 EEST

John Littler wrote:

> Great! when's the book launch?

Well, here's the current status: I'm finishing the copy edits now, have
a few more to go, then I'll have to deal with all the incidental
material (appendices, glossary, CD). I'm aiming for the beginning of
summer, but I should emphasize that there's no official release date
yet. We're getting it done though.

I hope people will enjoy it for what it's meant to be: an introduction
to the various audio and MIDI software for Linux. Basic sound system
setup and troubleshooting is covered for hardware and software, then it
proceeds to presenting applications. Installation and basic usage is
covered for quite a variety of apps, I think people may be a bit
surprised to find what kind and quality of audio software is already
available for Linux users. The CD will include as much of the profiled
software as is legally possible, and I'll also include many packages I
did not review.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html