Re: [linux-audio-dev] do YOU support LASDPA? (was Re: Linux Audio plugin API's: where arewe ?)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] do YOU support LASDPA? (was Re: Linux Audio plugin API's: where arewe ?)
From: Richard Guenther (richard.guenther_AT_student.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 11:48:43 EEST

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, David O'Toole wrote:

> I spoke with the GLAME people about some of the technical points; if I
> understand this correctly, LADSPA has a function call for each buffer,
> while GLAME (and OCTAL) give the plugin simultaneous access to all its
> buffers (inputs and outputs) in one function call. This would also
> present a technical hurdle to adding LADSPA compatibility. Am I correct
> in my understanding of how LADSPA does this, or off-base?

Ah, I meant one function call per errr... humm, how do you call this?
Per "iteration" probably. So the inner loop of a plugin is called by
the host for every iteration being able to access all input and output
buffers.

--
Richard Guenther <richard.guenther_AT_student.uni-tuebingen.de>
WWW: http://www.anatom.uni-tuebingen.de/~richi/