[linux-audio-dev] Full duplex woes

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Full duplex woes
From: Billy Biggs (vektor_AT_DIV8.NET)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 06:38:51 EEST

Hey,

  I'm looking for some advice on an annoying problem I'm having.

  Does OSS support opening an audio device twice, one for reading and one
for writing? Does ALSA support this?

  My app currently creates seperate threads for input and output using
the same device, and while this was kinda working with my es1370 using
ALSA, it does not seem to work on this crappy SB16 using OSS/Free.

  So, I tried using a static fd, open the device once, and then create
the two threads which read and write on the one open fd, but this also
does not seem to work (select doesn't return anything waiting for of the
two threads).

  Do I have to rewrite my app to use only one thread for audio work?

--
Billy Biggs                         vektor_AT_div8.net
http://www.div8.net/billy       wbiggs_AT_uwaterloo.ca