Re: [linux-audio-dev] Full duplex woes

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Full duplex woes
From: Billy Biggs (vektor_AT_DIV8.NET)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 17:56:32 EEST

  I'm not usually one to reply to my own messages, but I've since solved the
problem.

> Does OSS support opening an audio device twice, one for reading and one
> for writing? Does ALSA support this?

  I'm still wondering about this.

> My app currently creates seperate threads for input and output using
> the same device, and while this was kinda working with my es1370 using
> ALSA, it does not seem to work on this crappy SB16 using OSS/Free.

  As it turns out, I should learn to check the OSS ioctl that checks if full
duplex is actually supported by the driver.

--
Billy Biggs                         vektor_AT_div8.net
http://www.div8.net/billy       wbiggs_AT_uwaterloo.ca