Re: [linux-audio-dev] Announce: Mono 0.1.0 - a monophonic synth

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Announce: Mono 0.1.0 - a monophonic synth
From: Erik Steffl (esteffl_AT_pbi.net)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 20:12:27 EEST

Jarno Seppanen wrote:
> Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi> writes:
> > >[ ... ] mainly due to the lengthy requirements list:
> > >
> > >* Sonic Flow version >= 0.1.3; requires
> > > - libsoundfile version >= 1.0.0
> > >* Gtk-- version >= 1.1.8; requires
> > > - GTK+/Glib version >= 1.2.5
> > > - libsigc++ version >= 0.8.5
> > >* libaudiohw version >= 0.2.0; requires
> > > - libsoundfile version >= 1.0.0
> > > - libpbd version >= 1.0.0
> > > - libsigc++ version >= 0.8.5
> > >* POSIX threading (libpthread)
> > >* C++ Standard Template Library
> >
> > That Linux audio distribution would be very handy now!
>
> Of course. But please note that if you've installed Quasimodo (and all of

  debian already has failly useful system of dependencies etc. why not
simply use it, instead of creating new distro? just create debian
package and that's it. AFAIK it does everything you need/want.

  I just recently switched to debian (from slackware) and while
installation is indeed nightmare, the system can automatically update
itself and it really works. I had to install the old version, then let
it update itself to the latest development (unstable) version and
everything works perfectly. amazing.

        erik