Re: [linux-audio-dev] patch MIDI apps together?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] patch MIDI apps together?
From: Stefan Westerfeld (stefan_AT_space.twc.de)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 16:19:44 EEST

   Hi!

On Tue, Apr 18, 2000 at 12:09:50AM -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:
> I've seen occasional posts here regarding the possibility of some
> kind of MIDI loopback. I have both OSS/Linux and Alsa 0.5.7
> installed, and I can't figure out from the documentation of either
> if such a thing already exists. I found an old message on l.a.d.
> from PBD saying OSS already has some kind of midi loopback, but
> (sorry if I'm dense) I can't find it.
>
> Basically I want to see if I can route the output of Jazz++ or some
> other sequencer directly into a soft-synth (ANY soft synth...
> TiMidity, Xsynth, aRts, what have you...)

For me, inserting the OSS v_midi module does the trick. If you have Brahms,
you have direct aRts support anyway, but it also made aRts work with Jazz,
and with a very old CuBase Demo version that came with my soundcard, running
inside a WINE session.

   Cu... Stefan

--
  -* Stefan Westerfeld, stefan_AT_space.twc.de (PGP!), Hamburg/Germany