[linux-audio-dev] Re: [alsa-devel] we need a volunteer to ...

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [alsa-devel] we need a volunteer to ...
From: Thomas Hudson (thudson_AT_tomy.net)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 06:45:37 EEST

I'd like to volunteer for this, as long as the alsa-devel list will
put up with my questions. At one time, I followed alsa development
pretty closely, but then things got really busy at work. Red Hat solved
this problem for me by buying Cygnus and then closing the Atlanta
office. So I'm happily unemployed and intend to stay so for at least
the next three to six months (at least they gave me my options).

Besides spending more time on my music, my other "sabbatical"
interests include getting back on top of ALSA. I have several
MIDI applet ideas that I wanted to work on (GPL'ed of course).
I can document my progress and develop it into a tutorial.
Furthermore, I have been wanting to develop an all-software
version of the Lexicon JamMan digital looping echo with improved
features. I haven't really seen anything like this, but let me know
if anyone has done something similar.

Thomas