Re: [linux-audio-dev] Soundcards

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Soundcards
From: Adriaan Pelzer (adriaan_AT_trispen.com)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 09:38:18 EEST

----- Original Message -----
From: Mr. White <mrwhite_AT_arrakis.es>
To: Benno Senoner <sbenno_AT_gardena.net>
Cc: <linux-audio-dev_AT_ginette.musique.umontreal.ca>
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2000 1:47 PM

> > start to do what ?
>
> Start to research about soundcards...

Mr White,

Since you are used to using SoundBlaster Products, I suggest the SB Live!.
Don't buy anything else than the Value (Cheapest), because the others (Much
more expensive) ships with lots of Windowz software, which you probably
won't need.
IMHO, Live! is the best value-for-money card anywhere to be found. Its SNR
is superb, even compared to the AWE64, and it can read soundfont data from
processor memory (If you're into that kind of thing). Its also the first
Soundblaster product where I can record and play at the same time (like
monitoring while doing vox) without getting some kind of horrible digital
crosstalk on the channels. Mine runs on a PII 250 MHz 128MB RAM, and it
flies... I can even use it in Windoze on the same machine.

Greetings
Adriaan Pelzer

Greetings,