[linux-audio-dev] read it and drool? not!

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] read it and drool? not!
From: Samuel S Chessman (chessman_AT_tux.org)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 18:45:35 EET

Actually, there are other issues with user interface that are not
mouse/keyboard/screen oriented. I would prefer a hands/eyes free audion
interface, where the controls have names, the actions are verbs, and
the changes are repeated back audibly.

I really want to be able to yell at my recorder/mixer, and have it respond
with audible feedback, and I bet any vision impaired human would prefer
not messing with fiddly little hand motions and difficult to see pixmaps.

Yeah, color is attractive, and we have a lot of code to display stuff;
but usability would be increased if I could say "record track three"
instead of putting down my instrument, finding the mouse, positioning
a tiny cursor, pushing a button, and then picking up my instrument again.

Not everyone can or wants to have engineers to do the button pushing
and fiddling. Why not allow for audible control and feedback?

--
   Sam Chessman                                               chessman_AT_tux.org

"II. Man Thinks. Baruch Spinoza"