Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour-0.99.8 tarball released

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour-0.99.8 tarball released
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 16:14:48 EET

In message <20001205112703.F1160_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk>you write:
>On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 11:08:46PM -0500, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
>> * "themed" graphics for plugin GUI's
>
>Is there any chance of somone who knows gtk-- and expat (I'm guessing
>thats what it's implemented with) extracting this and building a standalone
>app from it? It doesn't need to process any data, just render the XML
>description. It would be very useful for quick development of XML.

once dave benson signs off on my XML proposal, i plan to do pretty
much exactly that. but i don't want to spend time on the backend gui
builder till there is good agreement on the XML DTD.

BTW, i don't use expat. i use "the official" libxml2.2.0 plus libxml++
as a C++ wrapper. we used libxml itself with quasimodo and it sucks
from a C++ programmer's perspective.

--p