Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ot] rackmount

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ot] rackmount
From: Erik Steffl (esteffl_AT_pbi.net)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 22:47:09 EET

  I don't see why you wouldn't use server machine for your purposes. the
only difference is that servers are usually more expensive because they
use ECC memory, SCSI instead of IDE, SMP etc... so depending on your
budget decide how much of the really good stuff you need in the box. the
only extra thing you need is (better) soundcard and video card, but you
can even buy them separately and just stick them in. Check if the server
has enough free slots (I guess you want PCI for soundcard, AGP for video
card) but that should not be a problem with servers which are usually
expected to be expanded.

        erik