[linux-audio-dev] ladspa xml gui

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa xml gui
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 16:32:53 EET

in pondering steve's wondrous hermes plugin, it occured to me last
night that i want to add another element to the XML DTD:

<!ELEMENT page (graphics-context?,packing-structure+)>
<!ATTLIST page
       name CDATA #REQUIRED
       tab-orientation (left|right|bottom|top) "top"

and then make the top level declaration:

<!ELEMENT interface (xml-gui-version,(page+|
                                      (graphics-context,packing-structure+))>

The assumed default implementation for pages would be a notebook-style
thing.

I suggest this because it seems clear to me that a plugin with 50+
parameters is going to have a nightmarish time trying to represent
them all in a single window. In the case of hermes, we could have
a notebook with a tab for the oscillators, another for the filters,
etc.

Does this meet with approval ?

--p