Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa xml gui

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa xml gui
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 06:00:53 EET

On Friday 08 December 2000 01:34, Steve Harris wrote:
> Sounds good. Not quite sure what you mean by transform functions
> though. Doesn't sound very LADSPA ;)
>
> Will it have a marker of some kind that can be dragged around on
> the surface?
>
> Mouse click problem may not matter, I have some ideas for Xinput
> and a trackball + graphics tablet.
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Speaking of which; I hacked a rudimentary "digital theremin" the
other day. :-)

I use a Wacom Intuos A6 USB tablet with a Stylus pen (cordless, with
rocker button on the side and an eraser tool in the other end) to
control amplitude, pitch and 3 overtones; 4 sine oscillators total.
(The thing is pressure and tilt sensitive, that is.)

The accuracy is incredible (of course - it's a professional tool for
freehand drawing), and the data rate is approximately 420
events/second, weighted so that there are about 100 X/Y coords per
second. This seems to be quite enough, even without filtering.

Works a lot better than I expected. :-)

Oh, there are various other tools for the tablet, such as the
Airbrush, which has a wheel in addition to the features of the
Stylus. Wonder what one could play with that...

//David

| Multimedia Application Integration Architecture |
`----------------------> http://www.linuxaudiodev.com/maia -'