Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Non-Sequential API (was non-causal)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Non-Sequential API (was non-causal)
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 11:43:23 EET

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 11:16:31PM -0000, Richard W.E. Furse wrote:
> I've included a Default field in the hints section, but I've not included
> an XML GUI request function - this is because I'm not yet sure this is the
> right place to get XML from. My instinct is that the XML should be in a
> separate text file including a reference to the plugin library. I'm
> flexible on this.

I thought that at first, but there is a benefit from the plugin being able
to modify the XML at runtime, eg. for giving a list of impulses to choose
from in a convolver.

I can see an argument for offering both however. Reading the XML from a
file must be more efficient for the 90% that don't need to runtime modify.

> I've built an example reverse plugin and I can mail this to anyone
> interested. This is untested as yet as I've not updated applyplugin etc to
> use the new API. Supporting non-sequential plugins requires a bit of a
> rewrite...

Yes please, I havn't read the new header file yet, but I'm about to.

- Steve