Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa xml gui

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa xml gui
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 11:33:47 EET

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 05:19:49PM -0500, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> >Well, I was thinking more of
> >
> ><envelope>
> > <point x="attack_time" y="attack_level">
> > <point x="decay_time" y="decay_level">
> > <point x="sustain_time" y="sustain_level">
> > <point x="release_time" y="release_level">
> ></envelope>
>
> think general, think wide :)
>
> but obviously, a plugin could choose to use as many ports as it
> wanted. if it just wants to do standard ADSR curves, 8 ports will be
> fine, as in your example, rewritten here as:
>
> <curve width="www" height="hhh">
> <point port_x="1" port_y="2">
> <point port_x="3" port_y="4">
> <point port_x="5" port_y="6">
> <point port_x="7" port_y="8">
> </curve>
>
> hey, you know what, i rather like that! you could make the x/y ports
> optional too. what do you think ?

Are 1-8 port labels, or index into an array of port names?

> right. there's no avoiding that. the problem is that whats on the
> screen (interpolated by GUI) may not be the same as whats done by the plugin.

How about a interpolation param:

<curve width="www" height="hhh" shape="cubic">

The host can then interpolate the curve using a known function. You would
probably need linear, exp, log, cubic spline, and maybe some variations
on exp and log.

If this dingus will use output ports too then I can have my transfer
function output.

- Steve