Re: [linux-audio-dev] Plugins and presets?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Plugins and presets?
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 17:23:34 EET

On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 01:34:21AM +0100, David Olofson wrote:
> If lambda nets look like plugins on a higher level, what prevents the
> preset data format from providing presets for lambda nets? The preset
> DTD would probably have the abstraction required to do that anyway,
> if designed properly.

Thats pretty much what I was thinking. It just needs a way to describe
fixed and ranged variable controls for 1+ plugins and a way to describe
the links between them. I'm a bit shaky on the last part though,
especaily as I don't know of an hosts that can run anything more
complicated that a linear net of ladspa plugins. I'm not sure how you
would desribe it.

<connection>
  <src plugin="p1" port="output"/>
  <dest plugin="p2" port="input"/>
</connection>

maybe? I don't think it belongs with each plugins params.

I've got some ideas, I'l try to write a DTD and send it to the list later
today, but I have to do some work first :( Grrr, conference paper deadline
season.

- Steve