Re: [linux-audio-dev] RE: Non-Sequential LADSPA Extension: experimental SDK

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] RE: Non-Sequential LADSPA Extension: experimental SDK
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 17:45:53 EET

On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 11:50:59AM -0000, Richard W.E. Furse wrote:
> I've had little feedback on the current form of the non-sequential
> (non-causal) extensions to LADSPA. I'm wondering if this is because
>
> (a) They're perfect ;-)
> (b) People don't find them interesting/useful.
> (c) I've made them incoherent and they aren't well understood.
> (d) Everyone's too busy with the holiday season.

For me it's a/2 + b/2, I've got some good ideas for stuff to do with it,
but I'm a bit worried that there won't be any support from hosts in the
forseable future, and I've still got loads of ideas for realtime plugins
which I understand now, and are better for instant gratification.

Speaking of which I didn't get any feedback on my suggestion for defaults
via hints, no-one even said why it was the worst idea ever, or complained
about the S factor ;)

- Steve